About 40 Stories
Australia is home to over 200 Indigenous tribes and language groups, who have lived throughout the continent and the surrounding islands, for thousands of years. Many Indigenous Australian Christians have amazing life stories that show how their Christian faith has positively impacted their lives, families and communities and helped them overcome significant obstacles and disadvantage.
This website contains 40 short films of 40 Indigenous Christians from many different locations across Australia telling their life stories.
Watching and listening to the stories helps contribute to understanding, healing and reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. The stories give hope that real, lasting, positive change is possible, even in the most difficult of circumstances.
The finished films are broadcast quality, and have been distributed online and via DVD, USB and Micro SD cards.
Introduction Video #1
Introduction Video #2
We received DGR status for this project by partnering with Australian Christian Multimedia, so any donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Meet the Team: At http://40stories.com.au/who-we-are/ you can see the team who believed in this project enough to volunteer their time and carry the initial costs of travelling across Australia to film 40 Stories and prepare the 40 Daily Inspirational Messages. You can also read some endorsements at http://40stories.com.au/endorsements/
We’re inviting you to help these stories spread like wild fire and bring unity and healing to our nation.
We’re also looking to partner with other Christians who love Jesus and want to make a difference in Australia – so if you know anyone like that can you please tell them about these stories?
Together we are:
- Honouring, embracing and celebrating the life stories of Indigenous Australians;
- Praying with Indigenous Australians for Australia;
- Empowering, inspiring and encouraging Australians through storytelling & a message of hope;
- Promoting and sharing the stories to all Australians through television, online channels and social media;
- Informing and engaging the Australian Church to partner with what God is doing through Indigenous Christians;
- Contributing to healing and reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians by nurturing hope and faith and love for all Australians.
You can support this cause by donating today!
Donations are 100% tax deductible.
You can make a donation at http://40stories.com.au/donate/.